Tuesday, May 30, 2017

45 Min Continous (7 x 2 mins,1 min Off - Twice)

Big show and nice to see old boys and good socialites Tommy H, Enda, Jeet and Erika back out for the HuRTs 45 minute continuous set.
Always wary on these type of sets of going out too hard as the return is so much more difficult and when Rich Large started to pull away early I was left to sit in with Marc Ashworth that was to prove a decent partner for the day.  Got to under the bridge by Pier 1 covering 5.2ks in the allotted 20 minutes before I really did slow it down whilst Marc kept a more honest pace and ventured ahead.
A 5 minute recovery and basically repeated all the way back, I didn't read (or listen) to the instructions as it was meant to be a straight 20 minute tempo back but I stayed with the 2 ON /1 OFF set that had me wondering why Tom, Enda and the lads were going past me with ease when I was on recovery around near the ABC Pool?
Worked hard on the way back and managed to get back to the Gates in a respectable 45.09, Over 11ks in total.

Need a good 4 solid weeks training block now and promised the 'Chairman' that I'll commit to run most days throughout the week leading up to the Gold Coast in order to find some form going into the Half in the first week of July.
Starting tomorrow with the first of the City to Surf sessions up to the top of 'Heartbreak Hill'

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment