Monday, June 12, 2017

Barangaroo 6 x 1k Reps

After a hectic long weekend I cycled into the city for a good warm up with Crossy Lad and met a smallish team out although there was a strong showing from the ladies with Lady Laura, Renee, Kathy, Jac, Ash, as well as the always 'bubbly' Elle out for a trot on the 1k reps.
Started out strong and sat in with Mikey L on the first rep but was hit with the high cross-wind coming around past the 'Cove' that made the last 300m or so a battle. Knew the return legs would or at least be faster but I felt as I was working just has hard to even hold the pace.
Got some good support once the Leech rocked up ( he missed the first 2) and then it appeared as if we had our own run coach for the remaining with some guru - Simon W (?) barking out orders, telling us relax, keep a high cadence and even positioning himself as a wind break on the 5th rep. Obviously NO help at all as I was in the hurt box by then but it did bring a chuckle out of both Leech and I.
Once again happy to keep them all pretty consistent, but it certainly felt harder then the times suggest.
Times were. 3.23, 3.22, 3.23, 3.25, 3.26, 3.26
Enjoyed possibly the longest warm down in history with the ladies and Elle led us all around back in the Quay area before I realized my bike was miles away back at Crossy Lads place of work - D'oh

Backing up tomorrow with our City to Surf training, up to the top of Heartbreak Hill and back, Lets just hope Tommy H has sorted his injured, Twisted Sock out and can join me?

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment