Monday, July 17, 2017

3 x 10 minute efforts Centennial Park

Shire girl Laura joined Enda, Birchy and myself for the early morning start session within the park and after a 2k warm up we decided that 3 x 10 minute efforts was the order of the day.
Just stayed on the path for the 'out' leg and tucked in beside Enda as we ticked off the first 1k in 3.37, remained pretty steady for the 2nd and as he called out the 10 minutes we were around near McKay Oval just shy of 2.8ks
The return leg is harder and it wasn't long before The Galway Flash has opened up a gap on me, tried to keep it honest though as he was a lot faster and I found I was only about 20m short of the original start line when the same 10 minutes was called. Was feeling fatigued at this point although I knew I'd get through the last one and once again despite Enda pushing on I was able to get to the same position as the first rep with  Laura not that far behind as well.
A couple of Ks cool down and another solid session was banked, Strange set as we all said that the breathing felt fine today but our legs wouldn't turn over any faster to record quicker times ? Not sure what to make of that one.
Enda run strong and would have been doing close on 3.30s at the end, Laura wasn't that far behind me on each rep, whilst Birchy is finally starting to put a little consistency back into his running that will soon see him return to form.

I'm a little worried about Laura to be honest as I don't think my 30 second handicap start will be enough for this weeks Sutho to Surf against her. Yes I know I'm probably slightly quicker at the moment but on home turf, local knowledge and with the crowd support it may be enough for her to take the dollars ?

13ks all up for the morning

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment