Monday, July 24, 2017

Double Shot Tuesday Run & Bike Centennial

Legs were still heavy from Sunday but new dad Enda put in a call for the early morning session so along with Birchy we were set to go for some 1k reps at 6.15am
Usual 2k warm up all the while I got to listen to Enda moan about his lack of overnight sleep, waking every 2 hrs with new baby Evie (oh God it was torture honestly )
Started out at a decent gallop whilst Enda was more than happy to let me do the donkey work as we crossed out in 3.32, repeated for the 2nd before he fired up and I basically went the other way. Limited the damage best I could but felt my form had gone and once the 5th was done I decided I was as well. Didn't even wait for the full 90 seconds recovery and ambled back to the start line until Enda was nearing then decided to help him, out for the final 500m or so
Times. 3.32, 3.32, 3.35, 3.35, 3.36, 3.52
Decent 6k cool down with a client to follow made a solid 14 for the morning before heading to the nearest coffee house.

The bike Trash Talk continues to gain momentum and when Tommy H requested some help with hot laps I thought I'd go and give it a bash. Once a warm up was done we agreed on 2 x fast lap efforts, 1 x recovery and then 1 x fast to end with. Now Tommy H might not look the part of a cyclist in his Black Magic Turtle neck sweater and his Lycra pants but don't be fooled the Geordie Lad can move. Keen to test early and put the hammer down I went to the front whilst 'H' was happy to sit in with me, delighted to complete the first in 5.37 but knew I'd not be able to hold again. Pace dropped slightly but surprised to only lose 12 seconds with a 5.49 lap.
A recovery lap was much in need as we both nearly died coming over the finish line before it was on again. Hit the front only this time coming around the Fox Gates 'The Beast from the North East' rallied and found something just as I was about to blow a gasket. Tried to hold on but it was in vain and I was only able to come across in 5.52
Great little set all up and cycled back home pretty knackered having done 36ks for the day.

A big few days overall , forgot to mention my Monday swim as well. Anyway I think I've earned myself a well earned break for a few days. Heading to Uluru in the morning that hopefully will mean I get the chance to run the Half on Saturday, if nothing else I'll be happy to relax in the grounds of the resort.

Have a good week
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment