Tuesday, August 8, 2017

HuRTS 36 minute Fartlek - 3,2,1 x 4

Tuesday.
Into the city and met a decent team out that included Walker, Leech, Champ, Macca, Ronnie, Hipster, Jerome and a surprise appearance fresh from his weekend Weetbix success Renaud. Set was 3, 2 and 1 minute efforts with 60 second break in between each ( 9 mins) by 5 rounds but with C2S on Sunday I thought 4 would be more than enough.
Pitched in with the likes of Leech, Macca and Renaud as we breezed along for the efforts but I found I was far slower on the recoveries that meant by the time we come out the Domain I was already behind. Reached the Passenger Terminal alongside Frenchman #2 Dominik on the 18 minute turnaround and tried to lift for the homeward journey. Was feeling OK but on rep #4 I was finding on each of the efforts I was hitting the 3 hills (Mrs Macs, ABC Pool and the last one coming back over the expressway) that made it a killer. Had the quicker guys come past me over the last few minutes and I was way short of the Stone Gates as the clock ticked over 36 minutes.
Managed to get back in 36.44 covering 9.25ks for the session, averaging 4 min per/k
Found the set tougher than what it should have been and I now really need to freshen up before Sundays race if I'm to get to Bondi in a reasonable time.

Prior to the session we conducted our HuRTS City to Surf team draw that saw some good teams formed, Race favorites has to be Captain Nicky Roberts and this band that include Angus, Heyden and Dickie Large all in good form and will be hard to beat. My tip however is Barts and his Also Rans with number 5 runner Leech capable of running 50 minutes
The team I do feel sorry for is C.T , he's not in good form and to make matters worse he has to carry half of Ireland although in his favour he does have Mikey L who will probably beat C.T home this year.
My Trifecta for the Day is;
1. Barts and the Also Rans
2. MAMILS
3. Scotty's Sensations




Wednesday.
Very easy 8ks with clients around the park early doors before dropping in to the re opened PAP for a few laps. Nice and cruisy 1600m before venturing over the road for coffee and muffins.


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment